Beautiful Pro-Life Video

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Who IS allowed to speak?

I had an abortion in 1989. I have come to terms with it and now my goal is to educate as many people as possible about the facts of abortion. After all, if we're going to be given a choice, shouldn't we have all of the facts, told from both sides of the issue? It seems to me, though, that women have a right to choose as long as they do so based on the scant information that the abortion industry and our government want to reveal to her.

Anyway, when I debate about abortion, I always reveal my past experience with abortion, and I inevitably get my favorite response from pro-aborts (that is, I hear it when they've run out of counter-points and have nothing more constructive to say) It goes something like this:

"You're a hypocrite...you had an abortion, so who are you to criticize other women who have one?" (Sometimes followed with nonsense about "glass houses" and "stones"...)

This reminds me of one of the other favorite mantras of the pro-abort Feminazis; "Men don't have a uterus so they have no right to have an opinion about abortion." (Sometimes followed with nonsense about "9 months of misery" and "if men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament"...whatever)

My question is this; Who's left? I mean, after eliminating the two groups; men and women who have had an abortion, the only group left is women who have NOT had abortions. I ask, does this make sense? What makes the opinion of women who have not had an abortion any more valuable than that of men? How can the opinion of a woman who has not had an abortion be viewed as more imporant or worthy of attention than the opinion of a woman who has gone through one? Who better to attest to the pros and cons of all aspects of abortion than a woman who has walked that walk?

Instead, pro-aborts promote abortion as a panacea for all of the ills of society. Then, when women are suckered by the political climate that says abortion is ok, right? because it's legal, right? then it's open season on the woman if she expresses that she had a negative experience. It's an almost sadistic attitude that says; "If a woman is stupid enough to get an abortion, she deserves all the misery she gets. She will have to answer to God for her actions." I personally think that's a sick, sadistic view and smacks a little of a "survival of the fittest" philosophy. Eugenics, anyone? Genocide, anyone? Elitism, anyone?

The hidden message that pro-aborts give when they say these things is not that the opinions of women who've had abortion and of men don't count; they just don't count if they're pro-life. For all of the talk of "choice", pro-aborts are VERY intent on squelching the voices of those who disagree with them and castigating women who fell for the abortion propaganda machine.


"Trust one who has gone through it."

- Virgil (70 BC - 19 BC), The Aeneid

No comments: